10/12/09

Fall

I must admit that fall is one of my favorite times of the year. After a nice summer of warm sunshine (the only time of the year when I am not constantly freezing), I actually enjoy being able to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a nice, warm mug full of something tasty to drink. As an amateur photographer, the colors are spectacular to catch in a photo. Fall also reminds us that the holidays are just around the corner, which has always been a great time of year for me. So, here are my top fall favorites:

~ The orange, red, and yellow leaves as they change
~ Pumpkin - pie, ice cream, bread, basically anything with pumpkin in it. This year I found a recipe for pumpkin lasagna that I might try
~ Cold mornings that I can stay wrapped up in my pj's and a blanket
~ The start of the rainy season in Oregon...I like the rain for the first couple of months
~ The promise of turkey and all the trimmings

1 comment:

The Swires said...

Yes, indeed! I always thought Winter was my favorite time, but I love the fall too. Just the smells and colors make my heart happy! And cuddling with a nice blanket and something warm to drink makes life seems so good!