2/27/10

Landscaping Isn't Just Manly Work

A few months ago, we started talking about what to do with our front yard. The sod that was put in when the house was built just hasn't done very well, gradually getting worse throughout the past two winters that we have lived in the house. It has gradually turned into more moss and weeds than grass, as shown in the picture below.



We had come to the conclusion that we needed to just pull it up and start all over with the landscaping, so I decided to get busy. For the past few weeks, when the weather has permitted on the weekends, I have been digging up all the grass by hand, all by myself. Now you may all think I am crazy for not renting some handy tool to make it go faster, but I am cheap labor, and quite honestly...I am cheap. It has been great exercise, but I will admit that it has been a lot of work. We are thinking about putting in red cinder lava rock rather than more grass. More pictures to come when we finish, but here is what it looks like today.


No comments: