6/24/07

Recovering From A Long Week

These days, I find that I long for the quiet weeknights and weekends at home. It seems that not too long ago, I couldn't stand not to be on the go constantly. Of course, that was during my single years, when the alternative was constantly entertaining myself in front of the television. Perhaps the desire for peace and quiet is a sign of maturity or simply old age...perhaps it is a sign of contentment as well. Perhaps I just really enjoy being at home with Tim and in his company.

This past week felt longer than the average at work. I had curriculum projects to work on as our new catalogue is due to take effect on July 1st. As always, when I have more on my plate, the students in my classroom seem to be exceptionally needy. In my position, I am continuously amazed at things that I have to remind adults of...
...Please remember to flush prior to leaving the bathroom.
...You need to wait your turn. There is only one of me and 17 of you.
...Let's figure out a way to problem solve.
...Sometimes you just have to come to work when you don't feel like it.
And most importantly...
...PLEASE DON'T WHINE AT ME!!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. Overall, it is fulfilling to assist people who are making an attempt to better their position in life. I just sometimes am amazed at the fact that most of them are at least 10 years older than I am and still have to be reminded of some very elementary concepts. It is a continuous reminder that I often take my own upbringing and life experiences for granted.

No comments: