Finally, after a week of constant activity, we were able to carve out some down time. Actually, this had been in the plan for at least a month since today is Tim's birthday. Not knowing what the week before was going to look like, I had decided to use some of my earned bonus dollars from work to take Tim away for his birthday, booking a night away. Here is the short version of our week leading up to an early escape from work yesterday...
Last Thursday...Tim's cousins come into town to spend the night with us on their way up to another cousin's wedding.
Friday...my sister comes into town for a visit.
Saturday...we go up to Portland to spend the day with my brother, sister-in-law, sister, cousin Lesli and her family. The new Harry Potter book comes in the mail.
Sunday...I am up at 5:30 to start reading Harry Potter (I can't let anyone ruin it for me), we do the whole church set-up/tear-down thing.
Monday...work, including the start of one very bizarre evaluation client for me.
Tuesday...work and Tuesday night in the park with Cascade Hills
Wednesday...work...must stay up late to finish my Harry Potter book.
Thursday...work, laundry, packing, etc.
Friday...FREEDOM AT NOON!!!!
We enjoyed our night away together, and I am thankful that the opportunity was there. Now, I have one more day to prepare myself for another week of insanity. With it being the end of the month, there are always many reports to get done. To all my teacher friends out there...I used to think that doing report cards four times a year was bad...now I realize that progress reports EVERY month is more torturous.
1 comment:
This was the best birthday ever. And you are the best wife ever.
Post a Comment