12/17/07

5 More Days...

4 and 1/2 more days of work and counting. I think that I am more excited about the holidays this year than I have been in a while due to the fact that I am completely exhausted and ready for a good break. My students will be gone the same days that I am taking off this year, so I won't have to catch up on things when I return. The last couple of weeks have been totally draining for reasons that I won't get into but all related to the workplace situation. The good news...I have a new assistant starting on January 2nd, and I think that he is going to work out perfectly. This will provide me with much needed relief and validation that some days I really am not losing my mind.

My hope is that you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year's. We will be with my parents on the beach this year in the middle of their home remodel project. Since we will be leaving this Friday after work, it sounds like we will be put to work when we get there. We don't mind because it will be a nice change of pace from the normal work routine.

1 comment:

Amanda B said...

Reading your blog is almost exactly how I am feeling with my job. I am so ready for a break and time to recover from the challenging times. I hope you have a great break and get to have lots of fun with your family.