1/6/08

Vacation Thoughts and the New Year

We have now returned back to our normal routine after a much needed holiday. For me, Christmas was not anywhere close to being about the presents that I received, but it was about spending time with family, having consective mornings when I could sleep in (to me this means 7-8 a.m. now), not having anyone to report to on a daily basis, and simply enjoying quiet time at home with my husband. The past couple of months had certainly worn me down physically and emotionally, and I had a great need to just leave it all behind. I was able to focus on enjoying others around me, taking care of myself, and doing things that were of my choosing.

Here are some of the things that I did while on "vacation":
> Read
> Traveled to Gold Beach on the one day of beautiful, sunny weather and helped my parents put their house back together
in time for Christmas with the whole family (they are in the middle of a remodel project).
> Visited with my parents, grandparents, siblings, and other friends from the Gold Beach area.
> Went out to coffee with my husband (one of my favorite vacation events).
> Spent one night sick with the flu bug that my dad shared with me. I was the only one in the family to pick it up, and
fortunately it was basically only a 24-hour thing.
> Went shopping with gift cards and money given to us by family, including a trip to IKEA to purchase a new bookshelf.
> Rearranged furniture in the house to make room for the new bookshelf.
> Completed a cross stich project the night before I gave it away as a Christmas present. (See photo below)
> Traveled to Portland just before the New Year's holiday to spend time with the in-laws and do our Christmas with them.
> Drank chai at home in my pajamas every morning possible.
> Watched movies.
> Caught up with some distant friends by telephone since we all had some time off.
> Played around with my photography a bit. (See sample photos below)

Now...I am faced with the new challenges awaiting me for the new year. At this point, I am not sure what direction God will lead me. There are many uncertainties in a couple of areas of my life right now. One thing that I know for sure is that my husband and I will walk together and do our best listen for God's direction. I am so grateful that part of my life does not change and is not waivering. I do look forward to the next steps and am anxious for them to be revealed. My hope for us is the same that I have for all of you...that pathways will be clearly revealed and that the decisions you make will continue to bring great blessings to your lives in 2008.

Some sample photos from my vacation:


My Completed Cross Stitch Project (months of work in front of the television)


The Family Christmas Tree (decorated by my sister, my husband, and myself)


Tree Decorations

No comments: