Today, I was offered and accepted an Executive Support Specialist position in the Director's office for the Department of Revenue. That's right...I will be working for the tax department. This is the type of opportunity that I have been pursuing for quite some time now. The State primarily promotes from within, so entering at a "Executive" level has been a trying experience. We feel very blessed right now because of all of the benefits that we will gain. We are both covered with full medical, vision, and dental without any out of pocket contributions, I will have much better retirement, more vacation time that I will actually be able to take, and ultimately (we hope)...less stress. I will be located on the fourth floor, looking out over the State Capital building. There are two support specialists in the office; I am level one, and will be working underneath the level two. We will be providing support services to the Director, Internal Auditors, and a Legislative Coordinator.
I am quite certain that I will be incredibly busy the next few weeks in transition since I am scheduled to start in the new position on September 22nd. I'll try to keep you all posted.
3 comments:
WOO HOO! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!
We are very proud of your accomplishments. And this new job is just the next in line of several. We are looking forward to seeing you succeed in many future ventures as well. Congratulations! And I know that we will be able to say "Job well done" as you jump into this new position. We love you and Tim very much and pray for many more blessings in your life together. MOM and DAD LEWIS
Congrats, Kori! I am so glad that you succeeded in getting a new job. Blessings on you.
Post a Comment