Just within the last couple of weeks, we have noticed several developmental advancements as well. He is starting to gain better control to sit up on his own. While he is still somewhat unstable, he can often hold himself in a sitting position for approximately 10 seconds, plus or minus a few. He is also figuring out how some of his toys work, which means he can entertain himself for longer periods of time. We have an activity center that our neighbors passed on to us, and previously he would stay in one spot and just play with the toy that was directly in front of him. This morning, he was turning himself around to see all the toys that are attached to it. He had even figured out how to play with one that requires turning.
We continue to have issues with napping during the day, often resulting in long days for mommy and quite a bit of crankiness for Ethan, so at least he is a good nighttime sleeper. He really wants to be on the move, and I am hoping that once he starts crawling, he will wear himself out and nap better. I spoke to the doctor today about our ongoing difficulties, and she helped me figure out a plan to initiate some better sleep training plans for him. We had made an attempt a couple of months ago, and after about a week of progress, he started melting down every time I tried to put him down, crying to the point of being practically inconsolable. So, here is keeping my fingers crossed for better luck this go around.
I had to return to work on January 30th, but had made the decision to resign from my position and stay at home full-time with Ethan. I had to put in 30 calendar days back with my agency following my leave time, so I worked through February 28th. During this time, Tim was home with Ethan as he was able to take parental leave. I think this was a great experience for all three of us even though it was hard for me to be away at work. Tim and Ethan were able to get to know each other a lot better, and I quickly understood how hard it is to only have a couple of hours of interaction with your child on work days. Needless to say, I am grateful for the opportunity to stay home during the early years of his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment