7/12/13

We Have a Move Date!

I'll say first off that it has been a LONG month and a half. It feels like much more time has passed than that. It has become obvious to us that we are much better together as a team than trying to hold our own pieces together in separate locations.

A couple of weeks ago, we made the decision to take our house off the market and move forward with getting set up with a property management company in order to rent our home out. We have been looking for a good rental for us to move in down in the Phoenix area for the past couple of weeks, which was also a frustrating experience at times. It wasn't easy trying to narrow things down and get the information I needed out of people from a distance. However, we have found what we hope to be a fabulous option for us. We have signed all of the lease paperwork and will be moving into a townhouse/condo community in north Phoenix. The square footage is about 400 sq. feet larger than our house is, and we will still have a 2 car garage. One of the best features is that it is within walking distance of a light rail station, and Tim will be able to get to and from work in about 30 minutes. It also means that we will have access to a pool without having a pool in the backyard and the property is gated.

After spending almost two weeks with my parents in Gold Beach, I am back home in Keizer working on getting things packed and the house ready to advertise for rent. Our plan is to get a moving truck on August 5th and hopefully pull out of town on the 6th. My parents will be assisting with the moving process, and we are praying for smooth traveling.

I am excited to be reunited with Tim and to get settled in as a family again. Ethan certainly misses his daddy, and I am sure that he will be excited to be with him again. He asks for him regularly. In some ways, it still seems that 3 weeks is too far away, but I know that I have things to finish up here that will make the time pass quickly.

No comments: