8/27/13

3 Weeks Later

So, I started this post yesterday, but something went wrong, and I lost all that I had already written. I was dragging all day, so I took that as a sign that I just needed to give in for the day. Perhaps it will all come together today.

Yesterday, it had been 3 weeks since we got the house vacated and began our journey to Arizona. Ethan has adjusted far more quickly than I ever imagined. Considering that his transition could have been our biggest hurdle, I would say that all is going well. He is having a hard time understanding that we can't just go outside whenever we want (he is used to playing outside after naptime) since we moved into the hottest temperatures of the year around here, but within the past few days has decided that the pool is an okay place to hang out. He still doesn't like the feeling of floating without anything underneath his feet, but he is enjoying playing in the shallow end on the steps. It is nice that we have daily access to a pool since there isn't much else that we can do outside during the day.

I am finding satisfaction in getting us back into a regular routine, including cooking normal meals. I really do like to cook, but I find that I have a hard time motivating myself to do it when it is just me and a picky toddler.

If I had completed this post yesterday, I would have written that our last hurdle to overcome was getting renters in our house; however, while we don't have a contract signed yet, I did receive an email from our property manager letting me know that there was a couple who were very interested in our home. I am keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers up that this will pan out to be a positive situation. The bottom line is that we need to have some rental income coming in on the property, preferably sooner rather than later.

I am told that in another month, we will be loving the Arizona weather as it cools off to a very comfortable level. I honestly don't mind it too much right now since we have AC (that may change when we get the utility bill), but it will be nice to be able to do more things outside, particularly on the weekends when we are all together.

Ethan's second birthday is coming up quickly. I am already working on a few crafty things for him. I wanted to do something special for him since we won't have any other family around this year to celebrate with. He absolutely LOVES cars, so that is the them for the year. Even though he isn't particular about the type of cars, he does know most of the characters from Disney's Cars, so that is what we are going with. I will definitely post pictures of his big day. I have been working on getting some good, updated shots of him to avoid the portrait session this year. We'll see...I have a couple that I really like, but I am going to keep working on it. He isn't exactly the most cooperative child when it comes to posing and looking at the camera these days.

No comments: