8/13/13

We Have Arrived in Phoenix!

Well, after loading up last Monday morning and spending 2 1/2 days on the road, we arrived safely in Phoenix around 6:15 p.m. on Wednesday. Thanks to the help offered by some friends of mine, we got the truck unloaded by 9 that night. Those three days were very long, but it is such a relief to have our family back together again. Ethan was so happy to see his daddy again, wanting him to play right away. In fact, after almost a week, Ethan still gets worried about Tim leaving when we are putting him down to sleep at night, and he gets upset when Tim has to go to work in the mornings. I am sure he will readjust before too long. He just wants to play all evening with Tim after dinner, and I love it. Boys do definitely need to be around their daddies.

I am incredibly thankful that my parents were available to help us get here and to spend a few days with us after our arrival to help get boxes unpacked and the house settled a bit. It really does feel like home already, and that would not have happened so quickly without the help that they were able to provide.

I am happy with the place we have to rent for now. It is in a townhouse community, which has a few disadvantages (such as parking and sharing walls with people), but I think it is a perfect situation for us right now. We have about 400 more square feet than we did in our house, and we can definitely feel the difference. Ethan loves the extra space and the stairs. We are within walking distance of the light rail, which means that Tim does not have to fight traffic or pay for parking to get to work. We are also within a half mile of Target, Walmart, Costco, and our bank. That means that I don't have to venture far at all to find anything that I may need. That is a huge blessing considering that toting Ethan around much is a challenge right now.

There are still things to do in order to get the house settled more, but I am allowing myself to rest now and enjoy things the way they are.

 View from our master balcony
 Master bedroom
 Living room
 View of the kitchen
 Ethan's room
Upstairs loft

No comments: