11/17/13

The Woes of Childhood Illness

It has been a crazy and frustrating couple of weeks. Ethan has been sick consistently for the past week and a half, and when I took him to the doctor, I was told that it seemed to be a stomach bug that we would just have to wait out. Easy to say, not so easy to deal with. We have had several bouts of middle of the night vomiting, which means changing sheets, changing pjs, laundry, and me staying up with him to make sure that we got as much of it contained as possible until his tummy calmed back down. He has also had a lot of other tummy issues that haven't cleared up yet. We even went 3 nights without a problem, and then it started back up again. That was when I took him in to see a doctor. Needless to say, I am exhausted and still worried about him despite what the general medical opinion is. I just want him to be back to his normal self.

As a mom of a child who has been overall incredibly healthy for the first two years of his life, I am feeling a bit helpless as there doesn't seem to be much that I can do to just make it better. Vomiting seems to have subsided for now, but he still isn't eating much and having other tummy discomfort. If it doesn't clear up soon, I will be taking him back in for a second opinion.

No comments: