This past weekend was a great opportunity to catch up with some of my treasured friends. Not too long ago, I was asked whether or not I keep in touch with anyone from my high school days. There has consistently been one friend that I have kept up with, but for the most part, I feel that values and paths quickly separated. I have so many friends from Cascade College (one from my Pepperdine days) who I know to be lifelong friends, and this is where I tend to invest my time. I will forever be thankful for the connections that I made in college with people who have similar priorities and values for their lives, people who continue to invest in a relationship with God and have the desire to serve. These are the people I lean on (even if it is from a distance) when I am struggling and hurting, when I need someone to pray fervently.
Friday night, I was able to reconnect with some college friends that I have not seen for an extended period of time, some not since my wedding and others longer than that. I also had a group of four women (three of my dorm roommates) over for lunch on Sunday. One of the things that we were discussing was the fact that we are satisfied with the place in life that we are all in at this time. We look back on the wonderful times we had in college with laughter and enjoyment, yet we do not long to go back to those days. All of us could think of people we know who are constantly wishing to go back to their younger days, denying the fact that they are moving along in life. They are unhappy with the fact that they are now experiencing some of the side effects of the aging process. Sometimes I have to remind myself to thank God for the journey that he has brought me on so far, allowing me to grow in so many, through the good and the bad. The great part about it is that when I actually sit back and look at my current life situation, I am pleased with where I am. I am blessed daily through my relationship with a loving husband, and I have a job to get up for every day that I enjoy, one where I feel that I truly have an impact on the lives of others. Additionally, I have a great support network comprised of both friends and family that could never be replaced.
3 comments:
Wow, Kori, that is a great entry. Have you ever thought of writing devotionals? You'd be great at it. You have a very good writer's voice and your insights are - uhh, insightful :) With very little tweeking and a scripture reference, you could submit this blog entry for publication. Bet you got good grades on your papers in College, didn't you :)
Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I always managed to get good grades on my papers; however, I have never envisioned myself as a devotional writer. I have thought about writing children's books though.
You would be good at children's books. That would be a fun job. It what fun seeing people that I hadn't seen in a while. There have been a lot of good peoples that have crossed by path of life. I am thankful for those travelers.
Post a Comment