8/8/08

Recent Helicopter Crash

For those of you who have been keeping up with any kind of news, you have probably heard about the firefighter helicopter crash in Northern California. When I first heard about this tragedy, I did not realize how close to home it would hit. Two of the firefighters who died have connections to my hometown of Gold Beach. My brother and I grew up with Bryan Rich. He and his family attended the same church as our family, and his aunt and uncle still live there and have been very dear to me throughout my lifetime. Matt Hammer recently married a girl from Gold Beach who I grew up with as well. They met at Corban College, and it makes my heart ache to know that they had only been married since late June of this year.

I have included a news link to some short biographies of those who died. Please keep these families in your prayers.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianextra/2008/08/aboard_the_crashed_sikorsky.html

No comments: