
So, for the first time in my life since I played basketball in junior high and my freshman year of high school, I have actually worn a pair of shoes out by running. Other pairs of shoes have gradually worn out due to walking and everyday wear, but this time it was a year of consistently running 3-5 times per week (on average). I have now had a treadmill at home for a year and a half, which has proven to be a good investment to replace a monthly gym membership. This past year, I have worked hard to be consistent with my workouts, even if I am not a natural long distance runner. It helps my body manage stress a little better, and I ultimately feel a lot better physically. Just within the past month, I have been increasing my distance, pushing myself just a little farther than what I had become accustomed to, but I found that my feet were hurting after my runs. When examining my shoes, I found that the inside lining was wearing down.
In a quick stop at Shopko the other day, we found a new pair on clearance in just minutes (see photo above). Not only are they a quality brand, but they are the lightest pair of shoes I have put on my feet, other than my flip flops. I even have sandals that weigh more than these. This morning, I managed to pull myself out of bed at 5:00 a.m., with plenty of energy to test them out. The good news...no sore spots on my feet for the remainder of the day. Yay for new, cheap running shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment