The weather has been quite nasty out this week, and the problem is that I still have to go to work. It basically takes catastrophic levels to close the state down, and since I am not eligible to take leave time yet, I have to make the trek in every day. On Monday, Tim stayed home, so I took the car. I'm not sure that was a great idea, but I made it there and back going about 10 mph the entire way. At least I wasn't one of the cars sliding around on the solid sheet of ice on the roads.
Today, I decided that it was worth walking 1/4 mile to the bus stop and riding in. Of course, then I had to walk several blocks to my building, but at least I didn't have to worry about getting into a car accident.
There is more bad weather in the forecast, so we'll see what the next few days have in store. One thing that I am certain of...I will be finding a way to get to work each day.
3 comments:
that's nasty. Since I'm temping at OSU right now, I'm having the same trouble. I ditched my bike this week, figuring that would be especially bad news. Luckily our drive is short, although it is still tough when it's icy. Here's to hoping it clears up enough to enjoy the winter weather AND make it to work safely.
I haven't worked at all this week and I am getting really bored. I'm missing work and the kids. There was hope of going today and just as I was walking out the door the principal called and school was canceled. Maybe tomorrow. Good luck and safe travels as you get to and from work!
good luck to you, Kori. I can't believe the weather you all are getting up there.
Post a Comment