1/17/09

My Love List

Recently, I ran across a list that I had created a while back. I wrote it during a time when I was struggling. It is a list of things that I love about my life, reminding myself of how fortunate I really am and that my sufferings really are nothing. I am sharing my list in an effort to encourage you to think about things in your life that bring joy. What have you been blessed with?

My list is written in no particular order other than the order that they came to my mind. It includes the following:

> A wonderful husband who reminds me every day that he loves me and a marriage filled with respect and friendship that blesses me every day.
> A loving family who will always be there when I need them.
> The talents that I have been blessed with.
> A job that helps provide for our needs and is free from ongoing stress.
> Coming home to a safe haven at the end of every day.
> Good health.
> Friendships that will continue through life regardless of how often we see each other.
> Sleep and lazy weekends.
> Chocolate and basically any type of carbs.
> Ice cream.
> Lattes
> Walks with my husband.
> Working with a good team of people.
> The feeling of being safe in my husband's arms when I am hurting.
> Being able to wrap up in blankets with a homemade scone and a cup of chai on a cold, Saturday morning.
> Knowing that I don't always have to have it all put together because I will be lifted up and cared for.
> Knowing that my dad has beat the odds twice and is still living today.
> Different seasons - all unique and beautiful in the Northwest.
> Cooking and baking.
> The ability to teach.
> Knowing that I am loved even when I make mistakes.
> Books to read.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I love Kori.