3/18/11

Week 14 Dr. Visit Update

Today, we had our second prenatal appointment, and since I am just shy of 14 weeks, the primary goal was to listen for the heartbeat. The doctor I saw today and have my next two appointments scheduled with was Dr. Lewis...we kind of like his last name. After telling me that all my lab work indicated that I was a very healthy individual and asking me if I had experienced anything to cause concern (which I haven't), he immediately searched for the heartbeat, finding it quickly and easily. I can't even put into words the sense of amazement I feel. Many people around me have had babies, but I have to say that it is so much different to be experiencing it firsthand. The whole thing is just miraculous, and it reinforces my believe in a wonderful creator. Even though I can't feel the baby moving yet, he/she obviously was squirming around a bit as we lost the heartbeat a couple of times and had to move a little bit to hear it again.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for April 25th (19 weeks), and we hope to be able to find out the sex of the baby at that appointment. More to come....

No comments: