7/11/11

30 Weeks

I went in for my 30 week check-up today, hitting another milestone in this journey to parenthood. As I am well into the last trimester now, my doctor changed my appointment frequency to every 2 weeks instead of every 4. The doctor first asked me what was new with my pregnancy, and when I told him that I was beginning to feel little feet up next to my ribcage and that my ankles started swelling last week when the temps hit the high 80's, he said, "Well, those things will happen. Anything else?" When I told him no, he just smiled and said,"You are doing just fine."

The baby is doing well, and reminds me every day that he is there. I had my first baby shower on Saturday, put on my my wonderful friend Kaye and her mom, Dianne. In line with my nursery theme, it was done in Dr. Seuss style. They did a wonderful job coming up with creative decorations and food dishes.

We are now to the point where it is easier to count down the weeks until the baby is due rather than counting up. In many ways it is hard to believe that the last 7 months have gone by so quickly, and on the other hand, I am eager to meet our little guy and think that the next 10 weeks will pass by too slowly.

No comments: