7/31/11

7 Weeks to Go...More or Less

I guess you could say that we are now in the home stretch. In just 4 more weeks, our baby will be considered full-term, not that he is going to be born 3 weeks ahead of schedule, but it is reassuring to know that we are so much closer. My doctor has changed my appointment schedule from every month to every two weeks now. I was reminded this past week how important it is to have comfort and trust in your doctors as you move through a pregnancy. I was not able to see my regular doctor as he was out of the office for the week, so I was scheduled with another doctor. What a big difference in experience!! I have made a mental note to tell my regular doctor when I see him in another week how much I appreciate him and how he treats me as a patient. Unfortunately, I am not guaranteed to get him when it comes to delivery as the group of doctors rotate being on call at the hospital. I am praying that this baby is perfect with his timing, even if he ends up being late.

All things considered, I have been feeling good. I am starting to slow down a bit these days as my mobility becomes a little more hindered and fatigue is starting to settle in a little more. I have finished all major projects that needed to be done in order to be ready for the baby's arrival, such as getting the nursery set up. I even have several meals prepared and in the freezer. One of the last things to do is to actually figure out how to get our carseat properly installed in the back of the car, but I don't expect that to take us very long. So now, it is just a waiting game. I did just go through our bookshelves yesterday and discovered that I have a total of 10 books sitting there that I still haven't read. Between that and the cross stitch project that I have now been working on for several years, I think I can manage to keep myself occupied in the coming weeks. I doubt that I will be spending much time with those two activities after the baby comes.

1 comment:

Trishka said...

Kori, I am so happy for you and Tim! I loved reading your blog entry. God speed baby Lewis! Love, Trish