Yesterday, I turned 33! I know that isn't old, and I don't really feel "old," but it is still hard to believe that I am 33. My husband and I started dating 10 years ago, and I find it hard to believe that it has been that long. In many ways, I feel that I am just beginning to get to truly know who I am, what my greatest struggles are, and how to use my strengths to benefit my family. Perhaps that is what happens when you become a mom, and that didn't happen for me until I was almost 31. Regardless of the reason why I am at the stage of life that I am, I am excited to see what the next few years bring within me personally and to my family. At this time, I see myself working on transitioning to an official homeschool parent within the next 2-3 years. That thought is overwhelming at times, but I feel very confident that this is a good decision for our family. I am not sure what all of that will look like, but my goal is to have a lot of fun with it. I have a very bright toddler on my hands, who also happens to think that one of his jobs in life is to be funny and make people laugh. This trait has come out even more in him since we started hanging out with my friend Meaghan and her son on an almost weekly basis. He purposely does things to make Josh laugh. He in turn joins in the laughter as soon as he gets the response he is looking for. He is two years old and already a comedian.
I look at what is going on in my life at 33 in comparison to my mom at the same age. I was 9, my brother was 11, and my sister was 3. My mom was done having kids, and her youngest was a year older than Ethan is. I don't know if I am done having kids or not. My mom had 2 kids in public school full-time, and I likely will never have kids in public school. How times change for each generation. It makes me wonder what things will be like for my kid(s) when they are adults.
Whatever the coming years bring, I am thankful for each day that I get to walk through life with my husband, facing the good and bad times together.
No comments:
Post a Comment