3/10/08

Hanging in For One More Day

Even though my husband tells me that there is often a common trend in my posts...that would be time off...I am going to post yet another similar thread. Tomorrow will be my last day of work for a week. I won't be returning until the following Tuesday. Some of the days will be spent on my own at home, and the other days, we will be in Victoria. I hate getting to the point of desparation for just a few days off, but that is the point that I am at right now. While I had periodic days off and even weeks off from work when I was a member of the public school system, it doesn't work that way for me any more. Like most of the working world, I have to build up time off. The biggest problem is that in my position, I typically have to plan far in advance for some time off, and for a good part of my time in my current job, I have not realistically had the ability to take time off. Therefore, I have a large cushion of PTO hours that I can take now. In my older age, I am seeing the true value of taking time off from work and being renewed. After all, that is why we have it.

1 comment:

Maridy Carpenter said...

have fun on your time off! Victoria sounds like a blast. I hope you have a great time.