5/4/08

Expect the Unexpected

Sometimes it is amazing to see how God works through us to build relationships and provide much needed service. This past week, I set out on a mission to help an individual who is currently in my classroom and experiencing great hardship at this time. It involved searching for a used refrigerator to replace one that had unexpectedly gone out, after the hot water heater already bit the dust. In the process, I was introduced to another woman in need, whose family is selling some of their possessions, following the loss of her husband's job, in order to pay bills, keep up on the house payment, etc. She and I have now had several conversations, and we have agreed to remain in contact so that I could pass the word around regarding items that they are currently selling. While my attempt to provide assistance to my student didn't quite work out the way that I had expected (sometimes the people you are trying to help get in the way of adequately providing assistance), I now have an open line of communication to someone else in the community. More and more, I see how God works in unexpected ways. I am learning to expect the unexpected.

No comments: