7/5/08

Vacation Day One

After traveling to Gold Beach Thursday night after work, here is a breakdown of my absolutely wonderful first day of vacation:

> Woke up on my own rather than to an alarm.
> Took an early morning walk in the sunshine and gentle, cooling breeze.
> Made my first carrot cake from scratch.
> Ate a lot of food at a family get together for the 4th. We grilled chicken, salmon burgers, corn on the cob, and veggie kabobs.
> Took an afternoon walk on the beach with my wonderful husband.
> Visited with family.
> Ate more food.
> Attempted to watch a movie, but missed the middle because I fell asleep on the couch.

2 comments:

A said...

You guys and the Granbergs are the only people I know who understand the concept of vacation.

Amanda B said...

Ahh...vacations. Aren't they wonderful! I'm so glad that you finally get to relax.